Friday, January 8, 2010

FROM T-TODDLER TO HER OWN TODDLERS!

We always said we would not never shorten Victoria's name. When Tiffany was just a wee little girl she could not say Victoria, all she could say was "Tori". The name stuck, however, Victoria wanted a pet name for Tiffany, she called her T-Toddler, I don't suggest you call her that today, it is reserved for big sis to call her only!



Today is the day I want to introduce my miracle baby. Oops she is not a baby anymore, she is happily married to husband Josiah, and has children. Affectionately Tiffany's little pillow angel is 3, and Tiffany's little man is 2, and yes she is expecting too! At first Tiffany's little man thought it would be great if mommy had a puppy.



Boy, was he going to be disappointed! Now he says it is a sister and has not waivered from day one on that decision!We will have to wait and see, she is due May 27, 2010.

To bring you up to date, Tiffany in my mind was always my miracle baby, not because she was premature, otherwise that would be Victoria. You will see why as the blog goes on. She was born 4 weeks early, however, preterm labor started about 5 weeks before she was born. I was on route to Norfolk, VA, yes we were still in the Marine Corps, I had a gallstone stuck for over a week. That night after I arrived her dad showed up with a rose for me.


The nurses tried to take it away from me and when they did I woke up. I still have that rose!

They wanted to do surgery risking losing the baby. In today’s society many think "oh it is a coincidence", however, I know for sure it was the power of God that the stone finally dislodged!

Tiffany was always good as a child, if misbehaving, we just had to look at her. Tiffany’s heart is very tender on most things. Growing up if I was not feeling well, she would purposely do things to make me smile, and oh she loved to cuddle! The reason i picked a monkey, is Tiffany orginally wanted to work with monkeys!



Tiffany has always been on the tiny size. I remember going into the hospital one time, and getting into an argument with a lady over Tiffany’s age, finally I said "I am her mother, I think I know when she was born!" She said "oh" and walked away. Tiffany had one quality that we did not really like, stubbornness. But today I am glad for that stubbornness, and it is really more determination today. She needs it because of her little pillow angel.



I home schooled Victoria and Tiffany in the lower grades. It was always fun with her. I loved to” try” to read her stories it was difficult though. The words had NO vowels! That has changes, she writes beautiful stories on her pillow angel and her little man at www.dillonsjourney.com (I encourage you to read it). Tiffany would get angry at herself if she did not get an A on a test. In fact, she graduated in the top percentage of High School, with a 3.8. She took several advanced classes as well!



Victoria was Tiffany’s best friend. She would do anything Victoria asked. (more on that in a later blog). Tiffany's mission in life was to make everyone laugh and smile. It is funny when she was 11 or 12 she went to Kidron, OH to a Jewish camp that her grandfather ran through a Jewish mission board. When we got there, Tiffany ran over to us ad told us to walk “circumspectly” I looked at her, and made the mistake of challenging her. Asking what that big word meant, she looked at me with a look that said, don’t you know, I do, it means to walk carefully (lots of horses with buggies around).



When I was pregnant with my third and fourth children, Tiffany was so excited! She wanted to have diaper bag duty (I bet that has changed now). Unfortunately neither girl lived, more about them in my next post. She was heartbroken, but I think she likes being the youngest!

In high school, Tiffany was very rough on herself. She took the hardest courses and many times study until ten at night. However, she finally did something fun for herself in school and joined the play that was put on every year as a makeup artist, I wonder if she can make me look twenty years younger, I know she can age me! Her goal when she got out of High School was to go to Cedar Crest College in PA. It was funny because we got a ton of brochures and never once did it dawn on us, it was an all girl school, we found out when we went for orientation! At least we did not have to worry about a boy changing her mind about being a forensic scientist. During this time she was going to a local church and one evening, to our surprise, asked Jesus into her heart.



Thanking him for the torturous death he had to ensure she would go to heaven for eternity and knowing we serve a Risen Saviour. (we thought she had already done this) So on Oct. 15th, she had her second birth. First was into our family the second was into God’s family. What a joyous day! At this point God wanted her out of Cedar Crest and into the Bible Institute at the church.

Tiffany met a Godly young man, Josiah at church, and needless to say after talking on the phone, and computer, God brought them together.



Josiah is a wonderful man; I am blessed to have two son in laws that are that way!
Now they are in another church serving the Lord abundantly. It is exciting to see how God works in their lives and with them personally. Tiffany was always a mommy’s girl. So Dan and I each had one that was “ours” lol. One day not too long ago, Tiffany was dealing with a situation, and it came out next to Josiah I was her best friend, not to go into details, but it was something I regretfully abused. We talk to Tiffany, Josiah, and the boys on the computer, (Skype) on a regular basis. Though they are hundreds of miles away they still try to keep us in their lives. Tiffany and Josiah I love you both!



A woman gives thanks to God for her daughter who is the sweetest of the sweet.
An Angel Left Her Wings
© Tina M. Marascia

I have this little angel. For me she left her wings.
She has no idea how much happiness she truly brings.
She brightens up my days with her smiles and her laughs.
She helps me to remember all the blessings that I have.

Her face, it is so perfect, she's sweet and soft and pure.
Sometimes she can be willful and sometimes she is demure.
She tries her very hardest to please and do what's right.
She gives the greatest hugs from morning until night.

Every person that has known her sees this light within her soul
I know that in this whole great world, she has a special role.
She's helpful and considerate to everyone she knows
This light in her shines brighter as my angel grows.

When she sees someone is sad, it opens up her heart.
She wants to do all that she can; she wants to do her part.
She'll squeeze away the sorrow and make me forget about my pain.
She shows me where the sun is when we're hiding from the rain.

I know that God must love me, He showed me with His Grace
I knew just how completely when I saw my angel's face.
And in that very moment when she came into my world,
I knew that she was so much more than just my baby girl.

She would be my sunshine, with a sweetness that won't end.
And when she grows up one day she would be my closest friend.
She would be the reason I would always try my best.
For my little angel baby girl would be my greatest test.

When God entrusts to you an angel, who has left her wings for you.
Encircle her with love with everything you do.
Let her know God made her, and that He trusts you with her care.
Be sure to make time for special moments with her to share.

And when at night she finally says her prayers and goes to sleep
I Thank Him for my angel, and ask for him to always keep
A watchful eye and hand to protect her from this world.
Protect my little angel; protect my baby girl.


Source: An Angel Left Her Wings, Daughter Poems http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/family/poetry.asp?poem=1038#ixzz0bwWhAJL1

2 comments:

  1. i learned some new stuff about Tiffany! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, you didn't mention the fact that little Tiffany worked with me painting houses (inside and out) and can swing a mean hammer too!!!

    ReplyDelete