Monday, January 18, 2010

WINNING A LOSING BATTLE?



I would like to dedicate Mondays to weight loss. This is because this is the day I weigh in.The battle is the battle of the bulge. I battle I knew would take my life from my girls, their husbands and my special grandchildren!

ABOUT ME: On Jan 1, 2009, I made a resolution to lose weight, like every year before that. I knew however that I would not lose any. On Jan. 10, 2009 I embarrassed to say I was very obese, near the top of the obesity scale according to the wii fit. I weighed a total of 240 lbs (I say this with shame). Wearing size 26 clothes! I am amazed that I weighed in at 161.6lbs this morning!



VERY IMPORTANT, THIS IS NOT TO BE USED FOR MEDICAL CARE. YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE STARTING TO DIET OR EXERICE. JUST BECAUSE IT WORKED FOR ME DOESN’T MEAN IT WILL FOR YOU. THESE ARE JUST TIPS YOU MAY WANT TO TRY.

I was so disappointed when I found out chocolate really is not a food group. Boy that was frustrating, due to the fact I am a chocolic. Thankfully weight watchers has some great chocolte recipes. (I will shaare soon) It has been a long road for me, I do weight watchers online. I am required to enter into the computer every little morsel that goes into my mouth. It is amazing how much a person eats when they have to be accountable for it. Before I eat I am able to look on line to see how many points I have used, how many more to go and what a point value is on certain foods. The computer also gives me points for my exercise every day (these are points that if I over eat I can take from).



Hi, my name is Valerie and I am a stress eater! I am learning before I put anything into my mouth, I ask am I hungry, bored, upset, or angry. If I answer yes to the last three, I will usually chew a piece of extra chewing gum. (I love the strawberry mango one) I also go to my Bible a lot and ready about gluttony, because for me to be obese that is what it was. I was lazy, sick, and just not in good health. I realized this one day and thought well I will try again. I told my husband what I was going to do and his reaction was great, he would help. You know what this man did? He made me walk around our complex with the day at least once a day! I thought he was nuts how many times before had I tried and failed. He started to look at me different when I lost 5lbs, he was genuinely excited, as was I. I wanted more; it almost became an addiction to see if I could lose more! It was a challenge now! Slowly I added step aerobics from the Wii Fit, working up to at least 40 min. a day. I also do “core” exercises (I will talk more on those next week). I learned simple things like vacuuming and dusting counted towards activity points. Guess what my house starting getting clean!
I found that I need to start each day dedicated to my spiritual health, because if that is not right nothing will be. After devotions, I eat then sometime through out the day I do my exercies, but I always pray first. Here is the verse for this week…..Pro 23:21 for the drunkard (I don’t drink) and the glutton (worthless vile) shall come to poverty (consume, destroy) and drowsiness shall clothe (wrap around him) a man with rags. (literally means rags).



I would like to encourage you, if you are trying don’t stop. Don’t give up! I am willing to be your accountability partner or cheerleader which ever you need. I am not an expert but I hid behind food to help soothe the inner hurts. To genuinely lose weight you need to come to terms of what is hurting you or why you have been hurt. This can be done many ways. One is turning over to the Lord if you know Him as your personal Saviour. There is hymn that states, “search me and try me” search within you to see what is wrong. I had stuff hidden so far down, that I did not admit these things at first. After I started losing weight, I realized my body was the Temple of the Lord…… comes back next week to read more of my diet trials!


NEVER GIVE UP!!!

1 comment:

  1. Valerie, I am so very proud of you and all that you have done... keep up the hard work

    Love you
    Dan

    ReplyDelete