Tuesday, January 5, 2010

THE MAN IN FRONT OF THE WOMAN!!!!




I will be adding a picture of Dan as soon as I can!

First and foremost I apologize for not blogging for a while. I have some things straightened out now. At first I am going to introduce you to each person in my family. After you have met all these special people, I am going to dedicate this to help people in many different way as the Lord leads.

FIRST MEET THE AMAZING MAN in my life. I am thanking God everyday for him! I have not always felt this way :( this man has helped me back to a state of normalacy, I wont go into all the details here but feel free to email me if you have questions. Little about my hubby, Dan. It is hard to know to start; we met in Chatham, Ont. Canada at McDonalds of all places! He liked my best friend and I liked him, I won!! At the time, he was head custodian at McDonald's and since I closed alot it gave us much time together, it was not long after this next incident he knew I was the he was choosing me(yes choosing)not only to be his wife but the mother of his children! WHAT AN HONOR! The incident happened one night while closing at McDonald's, for those who did not know me back then, I loved to laugh play and have fun! Well..... I decided that night was perfect for a prank. The closing manager was an avid coffee drinker and he had been messing around with me all night. I gave the manager, Luke, quite the surprise, when he came back to the front line after counting money, he took a HUGE sip of his coffee and spit it all over the front, many of you may think this is mean, but it was known of me to do these things. See, somehow a package of vinegar opened and somehow in ended up stirred in his coffee!! Those silly mice running around the restaurant!
Also, during this time Dan invited me to Church, the first time I went was Mothers Day 1980. That evening in the pastors study, who is Dans dad, I came to the saving grace of the Lord. I was accepting a unique, priceless gift, and asked Jesus into my heart. I realized I had been doing bad things and asked the Lord to forgive me and He did immediately! I contunie to make mistakes and He continues to forgive me according to I John 1:9, this does NOT give a person the right to purposely sin, but when you do, He you loves you enough to forgive you and forget! (something people can not do)




The next step in Dan's life was his calling into the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Being a I military brat, I thought I could handle this, boy was I wrong. The Marine Corps, has a saying as far as wives, if it wasn't issued to you in boot camp you dont need it! Just before he left on August 26, 1980, Dan gave me a pre engagement ring! I was thrilled. I knew I would not see him for 3 months, and unfortunately during that time, he did not write often, he was so busy, I wrote everyday! Dan attended boot camp in Parris Island.



After boot camp he went to Camp LeJeune. The first time I saw him after boot camp he was in his dress blues, I have to be honest my heart did a pitter patter of excitement! He looked good! Dan was home for a short time, and in that time I got my engagement ring. When he left we were not sure when we would see each other again, but he did call on a regular basis. I had to beg to have my 10 min phone limit lifted, and it was. As far as I knew, he would not be home for Christmas, and this saddened me, but I knew it was the military way. On Christmas morning I was disappointed because I did not recieve a parcel from him, that wasn't like him, I was confused. About 11:00am, my phone rang, it was Dan's parents wondering if I could come over, there was a gift from Dan at their place. Considering my family celebrated Christmas Eve (and I guess a phone call had been made I knew nothing about)my parents agree to let me go. When I got there his parents said to go downstairs where the tree was and they would be down in a minute. After going to the basement, I saw the recliner turned backwards and did not think anything of it, and said hi to his brother David (they look alike).After my hello the chair swung around and i SCREAMED! At this point Dans parents came downstairs my present was HIM!!! Skipping ahead a little just before he left to go back to Camp LeJuene, I was informed in Jan. he would be shipping out to Okinawa Japan for one year. My heart stopped as I cried, I knew he did not correspond well thorugh letters, phone calls would be next to impossible, I was heart broken. I also had enough sense to know long distant relationships DO NOT work. However, I am stubborn and we made it work with the Lord's help!
On May 29th, 1982 I proudly, became MRS. DANIEL E. SCHNARR! What a day, story for another time...
We were in the Marine Corps until 1988, during this time God blessed us with Victoria, Tiffany, Danielle and Kathanna! (More on them in days to come)
From there Dan held many jobs, about the time Danielle died i got sick. I did not realize how bad until about a week ago...Dan and the girls had to "mother" me, telling what to wear, which shoes, wear a coat what to eat, ect. They never gave up on , Victoria just shared she knew one day I would be well again. I do not want to make this about me, I just want to say the Lord has given me a new heart and attitude, and I am taking with the help of the Lord, the role of "mother" back from my girls and going to be the best Godly mother/grandmother I can be.
Many people know the Marine Corps is one of the toughest branches of service, but what you may not know is "once a marine always a marine" Dan says he is American by birth, Christain by choice, and a marine by the grace of God!

Today as of this writing I can honestly say I have the world's best husband! He is so attentive to me, and though I can stand on my own two feet now, I still look to him for guidance. He is understanding the changes in me, but I think for a while he thought the "new me" would not need him anymore, to that I say SILLY SILLY MAN!Dan is the love of my life, I strive to be the wife he can be proud of now. It has been hard, but I am happy to report, we have date nights, we snuggle, we talk, he cracks jokes and laughs, we hardly have disagreements,but most importantly he prays for me and with me. The other day is a good example, I was heartbroken and crying, he came up to me wrapped his arms tightly around me and prayed over me, what a feeling! I had instant peace knowing no matter what happens God is in control and Dan has my back. There is so much more I want to share about him, but I am sure he will come up in future blogs. This is for you you honey, I love you, thanks for the priveledge of being your wife, mother to your children, I especially love the fact i am married to a grandpa :)!


Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com




Watch for upcoming blog of Dan's sense of humor lol

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your hubby, Valerie! You are indeed a blessed woman. :o) Thanks for sharing!

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete