Tuesday, January 19, 2010

WILL PEOPLE CALL YOU THOMAS????



This was prompted today from an email I sent to family, friends and pray warriors. Within a half hour of sending it, we got a positive reply. To be honest I am not sure God would answer, but I was sure it would not be that quick. I am so thankful my Lord loves to prove me wrong so I can grow in Him and bask in his love. Let me start by saying this blog is probably more than for me than you. I am trying to have real JOY in my life. I have asked myself the following questions many times have you? What is wrong with me? Why doesn’t God seem to hear my prayers? Am I all alone in thinking this? The answers are easy, nothing is wrong with you. At the most, a lot of us are like Thomas, affectionately known as doubting Thomas. We just do not pray correctly, or specific enough, or pray at all. Remember God always hears your prayers His answers are always YES, NO or WAIT! We as humans do not like to be told to wait or no. God only hears your prayers if you are his child. Imagine this, the next door neighbor, let’s call him Nicholas, comes to your house and asks you a favor. You hardly know Nicholas, you are not as adapt to give him the desires of his heart. However, your sweet precious child comes to you and asks for the same thing, you are more likely to give it them. Why? Due to the fact it was your child asking. God is the same way; he only listens to his children. According to Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked (bad person or a person who has not admitted that they do bad things (sin)): but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.” (Just, lawful or someone that has accepted that Jesus died to ensure they could walk the streets of gold in Heaven!



You are not alone on an island thinking these things we all do. How many times have you prayed for something, only to tell people God doesn’t hear my prayers? The friends look at you kind of weird because God did answer it. It is so obvious others look at you strangely wondering how you don’t see the answer. For example we had a friend who was in business with an unsaved man and God told our friend sell your half of the business (due to the fact you may live a great life, but it is only as great as the weakest link). Well we joined with this man in prayer, several days later; someone approached our friend about buying him out. When we saw our friend a week later, he told us this story and then said, “Why isn’t God answering my prayer?” We wanted to laugh, but how many times in our life is that true.



We are given a model prayer to pray in Ps. 23rd 1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (fail)
2He maketh me to lie down (lurk, fall down) in green pastures (pleasant place): he leadeth (protect) me beside the still waters. (quiet water)
3He restoreth my soul (relieve, recover, refresh): he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (a memorial individual)
4Yea, though I walk (follow, wander) through the valley of the shadow of death, (grave) I will fear (revere) no evil: (afflicted, calamity, displeasure, misery, mischief, sorrow or trouble) for thou art with me;( along with) thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest (arrange)a table before me in the presence (before) of mine enemies: (adversary) thou anointest (satisfy)my head with oil; (grease such as perfumed olive oil) my cup runneth over. (Satisfaction)
6Surely (only) goodness and mercy shall follow (follow after) me all the days of my life: and I will dwell (settle) in the house of the LORD for ever.
When praying we should first praise the Lord for all he has done for you. Take a moment and think on these things. Family, a house, a job, a car, people who love you, groceries, warm clothes, and most importantly the right to pray and not be persecuted. (The list can be a lot longer; due to space I am unable to list everything. Secondly, pray for others and their needs, whether it be unspoken, physical, mental, or for their love ones. At this point you should pray for your Pastor and the leaders in the Church. You should also, whether you agree or not, pray for our president and political leaders. Finally, you can petition God to allow you to have the desires of the heart, which may be health, work, spiritual growth or anything that others may consider “selfish”.
If you follow this you will have JOY. Remember is as Jesus first, others second, Y you last.


Do you have real joy?
Tomorrow I want to dedicate to prayer requests, if you have any feel free to call, or email me at vis0226@aol.com or just respond to this post. If you don’t want your requests posted just make sure you tell me, I will not be mentioning names.

No comments:

Post a Comment