Saturday, January 16, 2010

WHO WAS THE BIGGEST HELP IN MY LIFE?

There are four little people who have brought a lot back into my life. I love you and thanks for making me always feel special and loved. You are special to me!

Today’s is dedicated to the biggest help of all, the Lord. The Bible says “but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26) did this mean healing me and my wounds?
Over the last few years, my mental and physical health has not been good. I honestly thought, “I will be this way forever.” But some people saw potential in me and decided to pray for me, thanks. I want to show you what the Lord has taught me over the last little while, in my devotions, in preaching and through my family.

First and foremost God is the Alpha and Omega. He is the beginning and the end. Without his love for me I could not make any changes. I am a human, and as a human I am a sinner who has repented. The Bible says. Luke 15:10 “Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." The day I asked Jesus into my heart the angels joyfully accepted me. I know for sure that if I was to die tonight I would be in heaven, because the Bible says in “1Jn 1:9 If we confess (say the same thing about sin as God) our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse (purify) us from all unrighteousness (moral wrongfulness).

We can’t go to Heaven without doing this. You might say, “but I am a good person, I help the poor, I volunteer, I am nice with my neighbors ect. The Bible says a lot about this but here is one place, “Psalms 14:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.”

The first thing that happened in my life was repentance. For me the biblical sense of true repentance means I changed my mind and reasons for living after coming under conviction of my sins and ungodliness before a perfect and righteous God. But God is merciful, and provided me a way to escape punishment for my sins. God offered me the free Gift of salvation. God’s salvation is from an eternal suffering in Hell without God to an eternity of joy in Heaven with God. True Repentance results in your spiritual birth (are born again?) and a new purpose for your life.

When I repented I came under strong conviction of my own sinfulness and guilt. I realized I am unworthy and helpless to stand before a holy and pure God. I also understand and appreciated God's mercy towards me, which is evidenced through the suffering and death of Christ on the cross for me. After repentance I have turned from my ways and started a life journey with God. I strive to live a holy life to honor and serve our Lord for the rest of my life. This does not mean I will never sin again. But when I do, I will come under strong conviction to again confess my sins and receive a renewed forgiveness and cleansing.

In Luke 6:37 Jesus says,Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

My problem has been easy yet complicated; usually I could forgive others, but not myself. God is changing that thinking in my mind. Yes, I have made some dumb mistakes, but all I need to do is go to Christ and ask for His forgiveness, and asked the person who I wronged or who wronged me and leave the rest to God. You may ask “how many times I should forgive". Jesus says in Matthew 18:22 "Jesus says not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Untilseventy times seven."

Lastly, for tonight, I have been learning about obedience. Every person of the whole human race is loved mightily and tenderly by God our Creator. Whatever God has ever done for the human race, he has done out of genuine love, and with an intense desire to see man happy. In the Book, the Bible, our loving heavenly Father and beneficent Creator has revealed unto the human race His divine will.

Everything God has ever said to us in His Holy Book has been said for our own good, and is conducive to our happiness here in this life, and in the life that is to come. Our obedience, therefore, to God's holy will as revealed in the Bible, is for our own personal happiness and eternal welfare. For these reasons I am learning to be obedient to God. If you have taken these steps you realize how hard it is. Many times I make mistakes and I have to go back to the forgiveness.
So the one who is taught me the most is the Lord, himself. I am glad to be a child of His! Thankfully God is forgiving me and healing my wounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment